CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Feb 10, 2009

Hanging by a moment

Today was a very good day. I took the van to Tire World and had them give it a check-up. In the meantime the kids and I walked to a Diner to have breakfast. I love the old diners that play all the oldies and have stuff from the old days.

My youngest daughter got a thrill from watching The Little Rascals. While we waited to eat, I could hear a conversation going on in the booth behind me. I wasn't trying to listen in but couldn't help when my ears perked up at the conversation. And elderly man was talking to a young whipper-snapper. And his advice started off, "I pray with my wife every morning." It took my breath away. The older man kept telling the younger man how important praying is and that his wife would really appreciate it. I couldn't help but nod my head in agreement. Anyway, I was tickled pink at how frank old granpappy was but I'm sure it was well taken by junior. At some point I had to distract myself so I wouldn't hear about more intimate details of a man's struggle. But what I did hear made my heart glad to know that people do take the time to sit for a while and share wisdom with you. Its a lost art but is so needed in this day and age. It could be the catalyst someone needs or the swift kick in the butt. At any rate its a good feeling to know that someone thinks you're worth talking to and they invest in your life. Has anyone ever invested in your life? Maybe its time to return the favor and look for someone to reach out and touch. I know if you ask God, He'll bring someone or open your eyes to an opportunity waiting to be noticed.

0 comments: