CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

May 15, 2008

"For crying out loud..."

Ok, so this is not the coolest thing for a black woman to say but it works for me! I mean, dang! Can I just breathe already without everything hitting the fan? Ok, I'm calm now.

Today(5/14/08) should be a wonderful day because its my hubby's birthday! I wanted to make it special for him but I couldn't because I had to call him to discuss mortgage stuff. Then I frantically clean and make dinner while the kids are taking a nap. Just when I'm about to take a breather, all the kids wake up. We help make daddy's birthday cake and then there's more to clean. So I clean. Daddy comes home from work. We eat, sing "Happy Birthday", and time to clean some more. Meanwhile, I keep putting off spending time with the kids. Finally when I make time for the kids, I sit down and finally rest. I'm finally taking in the moment to rest when I hear that someone I knew dropped dead today. I don't know why I sat for so long in the rocking chair. Was it because I was so tired, or because I was so emotionally tired? I just grieved my mother, and the loss of 2 relatives the week before. Now this?! And to top it off, getting an e-mail from someone I used to know that leveled my existence in their life to that of a leech!
Ah well, at least the birthday cake was good!

I'm totally taking a Sabbath Day tomorrow, now today!
God, I so need to rest in you. Please hold me and bring me through this hell!

0 comments: