CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Nov 30, 2008

Its gonna hurt like new shoes

I've been overwhelmed by the support of so many people it makes my heart ache. But its a good kind of ache. Just the other day I was trying to adjust my phone bill with customer service and I had the best rep! She stayed on the phone with me to explain some military benefits and brought me to tears. I couldn't believe the time she took to make sure I understood my rate plan and also she gave me some good advice about being a new Army wife since she was one herself. I've been in the customer service field for ten years and have never experienced such compassion. She definitely went above and beyond "the call of duty."

I'm at a loss for words for all of the military wives that have surfaced and are walking me through this new process of life. And I'm thankful for old and new friends who wait on me should any need arise. Some may think that I'm so torn that I'm constantly crying but its the outpouring of love that overwhelms me.

The military world is not new to me in regards to understanding the politics of it. My daddy was in Vietnam so I've heard quite a few stories and he's given me the "411" on what to expect from a soldier's point of view. I mainly heard negative things over the years and how underappreciated he and many service people felt. But I'm so impressed at how there is a new found respect and honor code for someone in the military. Truth be known, Brad hasn't even finished the first phase of his training and I've already been thanked for his service to our country.

Honestly, I'm not looking forward to the seperation process and all that goes along with the Army being in control now. I understand the gravity of it all. This rude awakening has definitely been painful and will continue to be until I'm somewhat adjusted. But I'm anchored in Christ and I have awesome promises that I hold onto every moment. And if this new found life never goes the way I think or imagine, I will still be steadfast, knowing all the while that God's will be done and not my own. Only He truly knows the method to this madness. I'm overjoyed at the next few years being an Army wife but its gonna hurt like new shoes.

0 comments: