CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Dec 16, 2008

Thank God for late nights

God woke me up this morning! And I'm so thankful He did because I slept through my alarm. I've been sleeping on the couch because its a lot more cozy than a king size bed without Bradley there. Anyway, while waking up on the couch, I noticed that it was awfully light outside. And that's when it hit me...we're late! I usually wake up at 6a to start the day and get the girls ready for school. So imagine my panic when I see the clock says 7:11 a.m. Yep, warp speed like you wouldn't believe!



The night before I was sharing with my friend, Leigh, about how I never have time these days to do what I long to do. I long for the day to go a lot slower so I don't feel rushed. I long for deep and intimate time in God's word. I would love to spend that quiet moment before stepping into the rush of the day. I long for all my chores to be done so I don't sacrifice precious time with the kids. And on and on I lament over time lost. But Leigh reminded me that its the little things, the honest integrity of the heart. I love that, I love the simplicity! I don't know why I make life so difficult sometimes. I think its in part that I do so many things "my way" and usually that excludes wisdom and compassion. I'm like a disgruntled drill sergeant, constantly barking orders and expecting everything will go "my way"! And when I take the time to reevaluate the day and look at the time lost, I get so upset at myself. Leigh's comforting words and prayer allowed me to see more clearly and be more thankful for God's love and grace toward me.



In the quiet of night, I finished all my chores! And before I went to bed, Kaleb woke up. So I put on Baby Einstein. Then Breeann woke up and she joined Kaleb on the couch. I was hoping that by the time Baby Einstein was over the kids would be ready for bed again. And after some water and applesauce, they were ready to get some Zs.

Although I woke up late this morning, I was able to sleep in, tie up a lot of loose ends, and provide comfort and entertainment to the kids. I was not expecting to stay up so late but I'm thankful I did. And if you're wondering...by God's loveliness, the twins were on time to school!

1 comments:

pondering said...

Janitha, your such a precious soul! I love ya girly!